What does good medical website design look like?
A good medical website takes the user on an easy and enjoyable journey that culminates in them taking an action that benefits your business – like booking an appointment.
Like most things that sound simple, it actually takes considerable skill to achieve.
We’ve seen many websites that failed to convert visitors into patients because:
- There was no online booking option
- It didn’t work well on a mobile
- Visitors had to type the phone number in manually
- People got caught in an endless loop of ‘learn more’ before they could book
- It lacked a distinct flavour – could have been any practice anywhere
- It used stock imagery so lacked authenticity
- There wasn’t enough information to help visitors form an opinion about your ethos and attitudes.
We’ve also seen our share of clients coming to us after a slap on the wrist from AHPRA for a non-compliant website that featured false or misleading claims, created a false expectation of beneficial treatment, used testimonials, or encouraged the overuse of health services.