At Splice Marketing, we believe in celebrating success.
- We celebrate a win when our clients attract record numbers of new patients.
- We celebrate a win when businesses grow and open up a second – or third – location.
- And we certainly celebrate when we win competitive business awards two years in a row!
Splice Marketing’s founder and CEO, Ellie Bakker, has triumphed in the Moreton Bay Business Awards 2023, taking home the title of Entrepreneur of the Year for the second year running.
Splice’s second-in-command, COO Kelly Dimkovska, was also recognised in these awards, achieving finalist status for Employee of the Year.
Ellie, herself, also achieved finalist status for Businesswoman of the Year.
Even as a child, Ellie had an entrepreneurial streak. Her first business venture was gathering flowers from her neighbours’ gardens and then selling them the ‘perfume’ she made from the petals!
She was “over the moon” with her latest award win, saying “It’s a testament to all the blood, sweat and tears that go into business. It’s hard work but I have such an incredible team supporting me.”
Splice Marketing’s vision is to improve patient outcomes by ethically marketing healthcare businesses. Ellie began the Agency in 2017 (aged just 29) and has grown it exponentially over the last 5 years from a:
- One-woman-band to a team of 20 experienced healthcare marketers
- Clientele of over 100 healthcare businesses in Australia, the US and the UK.
“We’re really proud of what we achieve for our clients,” said Ellie. “We have to operate within very tight regulations governing healthcare marketing and yet we’re still able to deliver outstanding results.”
Splice Marketing’s clients range from start-ups to global MedTech companies, solo practices to large healthcare organisations, those working within existing health systems and those innovating to change healthcare.
Our key wins for clients include:
- Maintaining an average of 220 new patients a month for a Moreton Bay physiotherapy practice.
- Taking a speech therapy business from 1 practice location with staff working at 40% utilisation to now having 4 locations across Queensland, staff at 85% capacity and a 90-person waitlist serviced by an online course (a new revenue stream).
- Growing a general practice clinic from 50% clinical staff utilisation to now being completely booked out and in-demand.
- Expanding a business offering in-home and disability care from only servicing Brisbane to now servicing all of South East Queensland. They’ve grown from $1.5mil dollar business to > $5mil in 3 years.
So, what does this latest award win mean for Splice? As Ellie said, “Winning Entrepreneur of the Year means we can share our story. We can support more people in the healthcare sector and really improve accessibility to health services.”
That’s certainly an important driver for the Splice team. As a highly strategic entrepreneur with her eyes firmly on the future, Ellie has big plans.
“We intend to use our marketing and business growth knowledge to accelerate health tech platforms and manage healthcare challenges from end to end. We’re excited to play a role, not only in supporting your healthcare business but in reshaping Australian healthcare itself.”
If you’d like to take your healthcare business to the next level, then let’s chat. We specialise in healthcare website design and development, growth marketing strategies, search engine optimisation (SEO), social media, pay-per-click (PPC), email marketing, content marketing and more.
Book your free 30-minute consultation today. The next win we celebrate could be yours!