Splice Marketing – Awarded finalist in the 2023 Australian Small Business Champion Awards
Our boutique Brisbane-based healthcare marketing agency, Splice Marketing, which only recently celebrated its 6th birthday has just achieved national recognition as a finalist in the Australian Small Business Champion Awards 2023 – Marketing Agency.
The prestigious honour is a recognition of owner-director Ellie Bakker and her team’s commitment to embodying a different approach to marketing – one that rests on strong client relationships, is driven by data and delivers creative campaigns while complying with Australia’s strict healthcare marketing regulations.
Reflecting on a wonderful awards night, Ellie says, “I am both honoured and humbled to be named as a finalist for this national award, which reflects the hard work and dedication of my entire team. It’s inspiring to be among such a talented group of finalists – innovative and forward-thinking leaders who are making a real impact in their industries, just as we are in ours.”
Splice Marketing is a full-service healthcare marketing agency, focused on improving people’s lives by ethically marketing medical devices and technologies, health and wellness businesses, and health nonprofits.
As Ellie comments, “Ultimately, we’re advocating for the growth of the health and medical industry, helping generate tens of millions for the sector in new and returning business. Part of that involves helping healthcare businesses adapt to consumer wants and needs through the findings of our annual patient insights reports. We’re also advocating for patients by making it easier for people to find accurate health information online, book their appointments online and access telehealth.”
In just 6 years, Splice Marketing has achieved some impressive results for clients, including:
- Achieving a revenue of $107,016 from online consumer sales for a client selling an orofacial myofunctional therapy device to consumers
- Enabling a Melbourne gastroenterologist to become fully booked for the next four months compared to his usual two months
- Generating an average of 174-220 new patients a month for a physiotherapist with the remaining appointments booked with returning patients
- Taking a speech therapy business from a 1-practice location with staff working at 40% utilisation to now having 4 locations across Queensland, staff at 85% capacity and a 90-person waitlist being serviced by an online course (a new revenue stream)
- Expanding a business offering in-home and disability care from only servicing Brisbane to now servicing all of South East Queensland, growing from a $1.5mil dollar business to > $5mil in 3 years.
As for what’s next, Ellie plans to grow the Splice stable to offer a broader range of services such as healthcare marketing, healthcare consultancy, health technology and medical education. Watch this space!